Thursday, May 23, 2013

Artist's Statement

My artwork expresses the way that I see the world and my perceptions to that world. While black-and-white film photography is preferable, I have been experimenting with the digital works of photoshop. I tend to fall on the more abstract side of photography and enjoy nature shots. While playing with different topics, I have found that I rather fancy snapshots of hands. There is a lot that a hand can demonstrate, whether it be emotion or movement. When I think of my photography, I think of a painting. I do not photograph events in time, but a still life created with the flash of the camera. I use photography to get a different angle on reality. Seeing an ordinary object through the lens of a camera offers a completely new perspective. I am inspired by the photos of others and by my own artwork. I hope to continue to embrace photography and to progress in my skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment